Thursday, May 05, 2005

An Unsubstantiated Claim

Today I was studying with those who I thought were my friends. In the middle of a brilliant paper on the political, feminist, and modern interpretations of Mary Shelley's Frankenstein, I found this inserted into my work:

Cate was a young girl with a very sad drinking problem. She liked to drink vodka, tequila, whiskey, gin, rum, bourbon, and moonshine. One day, she died, and since she hung around with sketchy people, everyone at the funeral was drunk and no one cried. And that is why you shouldn’t drink. The end.

I don't know where they got this. I'm not dead...

P.S. I only hang out with them, so I guess I am not the only one indicted.

2 Comments:

Blogger Wordy said...

All right, drunkie - just because you live in the gutter doesn't mean you have to drag us all down with you.

1:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree with you, Kathy. Cate probably has a whole other group of friends she drinks and debauches with.

1:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker