Tuesday, July 25, 2006

So, It's been 20 days...

Hello my three readers who care that I have not written. I can't really explain why posts have been so few and far between lately. The blogging bug has left me for a while. I have been indulging myself in reading books for pleasure and spending hours with wonderful new friends and precious old ones. Work has been great and degree number two will be starting all too quickly.

Life has been a flurry of good conversations, new furniture, video games, the best roommates I have ever had, and summer parties. There was the barbecue where we ate grilled hamburgers and a homemade cheese plate, the weekend away in the mountains, the pre-wedding revelries that involved neither the bride nor groom, and Andrew's going away party where I talked for half an hour with a Russian about one's fire for Jesus going out. For the first time in a long time I can say that I really love my life.

I guess this has been the real reason for not blogging. I've been doing so much talking lately that my writing has seemed unnecessary. Maybe this is why writers are largely introverts with a disproportionate number of near-hermits; they have the quiet time to sit and write something legible. I will begin blogging again soon enough, but for now enjoy your summer, your family, your work, and your friends. Life is so much better when you do.

2 Comments:

Blogger brian said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

4:01 PM  
Blogger Sally said...

I'm happy for all of you!

6:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker