Monday, May 15, 2006

All Night Long

I am not a late night person. When I lived in the dorms I used to gage the quality of my life on whether or not I was in bed before KZLA announced its after midnight show on the bathroom radio. These days I find myself in bed before 1 and can usually rise without an alarm around 8:00. I like this schedule, and I like the moderation I show between being a night or morning person. How very Aristotlian of me.

Tonight I am involved in the second all nighter of my entire life. The first was the night I officially snagged my first boyfriend. We stayed up talking all night in the Sigma Chi lobby under the pretense of reading Agustine's City of God. That was over three years ago. Since then I don't think I've been up past three. Except for tonight. And though tonight I am not in the company of an enthralling new boy, and I instead get to stay up in the company of three 18th century novels, two post world war novels, and a half written senior thesis, I have rather enjoyed it.

The key I think is the diet coke consumption level combined with the right play lists. Bublé, Peterson, Alabama, and good old Kravitz have all had their run. I've been up since yesterday at 9, and I'm not even tired. This might be the soda and George Strait talking, but it is kind of thrilling to magically add 8 hours of work into your day.

It's 6:00am and I have a friend to wake up and some breakfast to cook. I hope you've rested well.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

usually the exhaustion hits me pretty soon after I say "I'm not even tired."

I've gone straight to work after all-nighters -- fine for the first 20 minutes, then its a hard, hard crash. Like heroin.

cheers,
m

12:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker