Thursday, August 25, 2005

The Last Day

Today is my last day at work. Well, actually tomorrow is my last day, but it will be spent making sure my replacement knows what to do, so functionally, today is it. It is kind of a weird feeling knowing that I won't be back here for four months, and maybe never in the same capacity. For those of you who know me, you know that this was hardly a dream job, and I complained about it a lot. Despite this, right now I feel like it was finally mine. Working here all summer helped me to really make the job my own. I know more about the job, the people, the industry, and the office than I ever did before. After three years, I finally have a well ordered desk, a brand new computer, my very own responsibilities, and an office space all to myself.

I was the first person in the company to hold my position, and so I got to experiment and develop the job over the years. It went from sitting at someone else's desk on the oldest computer in the building, trying to find something to do, to being a valued and important part of daily business; from having to have my boss read over every email, to overseeing the hiring of two different new positions, and attempting to maintain the sanity of a hectic and rapidly growing office. All I can say is that I hope my replacement appreciates what a kick-ass job this is now that I made it all pretty and tidy for her.

Or at the very least, don't you like the pretty desk lamp and pen holder? I picked them out myself.

1 Comments:

Blogger Amanda Mae said...

I'm sitting here at your well ordered desk and looking at the pens and lamp and all I can think is where did all the BLACK pens go? I had to write messages with a red one.

And, I'm more into the faux-modern movement, but your lamp is nice.

Have a wonderful time in Oxford.

8:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker