Monday, August 01, 2005

Speaking of things that are important...

Family is important. Family and their lives, interests, relationships, and events are important. I would even venture to say that they are more important than most of what we do in ife. I mean, who are we without the family God has given to us, whether they are blood related or not?

That being said why, I ask you, am I at work right now? In order to get to work today I had to leave my home in Temecula at 6:30 am. In so doing I missed my sister leaving for her 20 day tour with the Navy. She left this morning in her Summer Whites (a dress uniform not to be confused with her Dress Whites, I am told), to board the freaking USS Reagan. AND I WENT TO WORK INSTEAD!!!! The rest of my family went with her to see her off and are now on their way to the cabins.

Today and tomorrow I have to let the mundane, soon to be forgotten, details of life (work being the big one) get in the way of the memory making, enriching part of life. As backwards as that seems, I am finally realizing that it is only through the mundane that we appreciate and experience the good stuff. My job is boring and fulltime, but it pays well. It pays well, so I can go to the mountains tomorrow night and meet up with my family. And someday soon, with the money I earned being bored, I am going to take little miss Navy and our baby sister to a country music concert. Yes, I love my sisters THAT much.

My Dad has been trying to tell me this stuff for years. There Dad. I get it.

2 Comments:

Blogger Sethicus said...

Hmm... can I come to the concert?

*innocent grin*

4:05 PM  
Blogger brian said...

regarding hookers and assassins, cate: touchee.

as for this post, i'm glad you have that perspective. :D

4:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker