Thursday, December 01, 2005

Buying Up Oxford, Because I am an Idiot

Between the elation that set in when I finished my very last tutorial and the denial I am living under about how much work there is left to do, I have been experiencing some erratic behavior on my own part. This being my last week in Oxford, I appear to have decided that I will buy it all and bring it with me. Wycliffe sweatshirt? Of course! A girl's got to show her college pride. New silver ring? A perfect memento of my time here. Presents for the family? Oxford just happens to contain LOTS of things that they would like. Magdalene College? I've been needing one of those, pile it on!

Due to this need to single-handedly increase Oxford's economy, I have spent over 70 pounds in the last TWO DAYS. For those of you not familiar with the pound to dollar exchange rate, this is approximately $8,000, 000. This wouldn't be such a problem if it wasn't for the fact that I had the brilliant idea to stay in England for six days after term. This means I need to use the dollars I earned this summer to pay for food and housing in London. Unfortunately, London requires one to use pounds, and you are now all well aware of what problems this can present for the hard-earned but easily spent American dollar. With that in mind, I am trying to depress myself enough so that I stay in-doors safe in my room where no spending is possible. If this fails, I may be joining England's many homeless and living out of my suitcase with a lovely silver ring as my only conciliation. Maybe I can barter Tim for a bus ticket to the airport.

There is, however, one purchase that I am particularly proud of. Since I cannot end this blog post before I refer to the weather at least once, I would now like to introduce you to my favorite things:



That's right! Fingerless gloves! These babies keep your hands toasty warm while still allowing you to do stuff . It is amazing! They are by far the most practical things I have bought in a while, not to mention they are adorable. They were definitely worth the $3000 dollars they cost after conversion.

4 Comments:

Blogger Amanda Mae said...

you have a lovely surprise coming in about three or so days. I won't ruin it for you.

12:04 AM  
Blogger matthew gillikin said...

did you steal those gloves from tiny time or from oliver twist?

1:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Are they sparkly gloves? They look sparkly in the picture.

3:11 PM  
Blogger Cate said...

nope, not sparkly. I think in this picture they are wet (like everything else in England).

9:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker