Thursday, February 16, 2006

Built Ford Tough

My Christmas present from my sister Afton was a ticket to the Professional Bull Riders "Built Ford Tough" series for its one weekend in Southern California. This post would be a thousand times better if I could have remembered my digital camera, but alas, I did not. Lets just say you would have been getting some very up close and personal shots of the bull riding geniuses because I MET THEM!

I've never been a sports fan. I have two sisters, no brothers and a Dad who laments our inability to do such basic tasks as throw a ball or fill a car with gas (I know the last one doesn't really count as a sport, but somehow I feel they are related). I've been to a few minor league baseball games, an Angel's game and a total of two highschool football games, and there my sports going ends. This however, is about to change. I knew the moment the initials U.S.A lit up IN FIRE across the arena floor that I had just become a sports fan.

PBR introduced me to the glory of sports: the yelling, the cheering, the booing, the emotional involvement in a thing that ultimately doesn't matter to your life in the slightest. It has all the excitement of relationships (including hot guys) with none of the risks. Its amazing. And you get to eat 5 dollar hot dogs and not care that you just spent five dollars on a hot dog because you got a free souvenir soda cup. Now I'm just counting the days until the boys and bulls come back to town.

PBR Quotes of the Night:

"What "Girls Gone Wild" is for men, the PBR is for women."

"In keeping with our cowboy theme we should go see Brokeback Mountain." -Amanda
"Don't ever say that again." -Afton

3 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

you are such a hick.

but bullriding is pretty freaking awesome.

10:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

tee hee!

7:01 PM  
Blogger matt langford said...

I definitely miss the rodeo circuit. Definitely the first sporting event I went to as a young lad was a PBR show.

7:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker