Thursday, July 07, 2005

A New Pet-Peeve

My new pet peeve is babies who have blogs. The baby cannot write, therefore it is their mother pretending to be her baby writing a blog. The results are universally disgusting. Babies are cute, but most of the time they have nothing to say that would interest a reader. This is particularly the case when the baby isn't old enough to speak.

A mother who feels the need to pretend to be her baby in any way seems a little strange to me. Write like an adult about your baby if you really feel the need to record your new child's every move on the internet.

People are weird.

10 Comments:

Blogger Ginna said...

My question is how did you become aware of baby blogs? Can you give me a link so I can be disgusted too?

10:50 PM  
Blogger Cate said...

www.abigail.blogspot.com

8:14 AM  
Blogger Andrew M. Bailey said...

That is revolting.

This is, incidentally, why I hate babies.

10:34 AM  
Blogger Abigail said...

Yeah, turns out I tried to get that blog but they have it since 2002.

10:55 AM  
Blogger Jason & Traci said...

Are we sure there really IS a baby? Or is it some sort of bizarre therapy....

11:41 AM  
Blogger Ginna said...

Oh my! I read it. Sure, put happy words in your babies mouth so you feel better about leaving them. Excellent copeing mechanism for a mom in denial. She should market it.

2:11 PM  
Blogger Sally said...

Yeah, I am relatively new to the blogging experience, but have "stumbled" upon more than a couple "baby blogs."

As the only mother responding at this point, I will go out on a limb and agree with you - it is rather annoying.

9:30 AM  
Blogger Abigail said...

www.mommyblogs.com

It's a problem.

8:48 PM  
Blogger Wordy said...

That's nothing. Yesterday, I found a CAT BLOG.

Not a blog about cats. A blog, supposedly, by cats.



Blech.

10:46 AM  
Blogger Sally said...

When someone finds one from Eddie Krueger or the likes of him, lemme know, cuz I'm done blogging at that point!

11:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker