Tuesday, September 13, 2005

Bragging

Thank you for all of your prayers. They were very much felt. God has taught me a big lesson this week, and I am doing much better. So much better, in fact, I am going to spend the rest of this post bragging. Here it goes.

My professor, who works with us every morning, helped write the Oxford English Dictionary. She is that smart.

When we have a lecturer come in to speak to us about a certain topic, it is because they are the person who wrote THE MOST BOOKS on that particular topic.

I work at a library with millions of books. Millions. Just sitting there, waiting to be read. The best part is, no one can check them out, so they are always there to use when you need them. You have to read them at the library, but they are always there. It's amazing.

Last week I ate at a restaurant that was 700 years old.

Today I had tea in the coffee shop that is now inhabiting the room that many historians think Oxford University started in 800 years ago.

Today I spent prayer time in a cathedral, and it was just me and the cathedral.

I can see the spires of Magdalene college from my window. When I get home from the library everyday I watch the sun set over the spires and the mist come back over the city as I finish my work.

I'll think of more later but for now I hope you all feel extremely jealous.

The End.

2 Comments:

Blogger Ginna said...

Well, we cleaned up dog barf (really Tyler did), wormed Kit and sprayed chicken poop off of the patio. So don't think you are the only one having fantastic experiences, it's pretty amazing around here too.

10:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your mission has been thorougly and completely accomplished. ;-)

Someday, someday I will go too. Until then, keep the posts coming! I want to know what I'm looking forward to :)

10:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker