Sunday, September 25, 2005

I Support Street Musicians

On Cornmarket street there are many street musicians. Begging is illegal, but if you play an instrument you can leave an open gutair case and collect all the money people throw at you. I never knew how great street musicians could be. There are some weirdos, like the guy who plays the ukelele and sings in fake Hawaiian, but there are some talented musicians out there too.

One of my favorites is a bagpipper. He was wild hair and a huge bagpipe, and doesn't appear to know any actual songs. He is awesome none the less. There is also a harmonica player who only knows "You are my Sunshine". I become instantly happier when I hear the old southern song being played on the ancient street in Oxford.

My favorite, though, is a one man band I heard last night. He was amazing. He had a drum and cymbal tied to his back and he played them with a string tied to his feet. He had a guitar and his voice was wonderful. I gave him lots of money.

1 Comments:

Blogger Matthew Anderson said...

Ahhhhhh, Cornmarket. Where else in the world would you name a club the "Purple Turtle?"

10:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker