Friday, October 07, 2005

Odds and Ends

I hope to write a much more informative post soon about my adventure in the Lake District (which is where I was for a few days this last week), but for now I have just a few things to say:

First of all, my cousin is getting married tomorrow and I won't be there. I am very, very sad, and wish Erin and Corbin all the luck and blessings in the world. I am so happy for you two.

Secondly, I have been tagged by Rebecca and so now I need to share five idiosyncrasies with my reading audience (all three or four of you).

1. I love to travel, but am scared to death of it. If I go to an airport to drop someone off I always wish I was getting on the plane. I love to drive across country, and I love seeing new things, but as soon as I actually set off to go somewhere new I panic and wish I was at home in my bed. This feeling never quite goes away until I do get home, and then I am so excited by the memory of my trip that I want to go out again.

2. Unlike Rebecca, I hate untidiness with a passion, but the floor of our room here in Oxford hasn't been vacuumed this whole month and I don't really care. The only time that dirt and grime gets to me is when I can see it. Dishes must be clean, sinks shiny, and mess invisible, and then the germs can have a field day for all I care. At least I can't see them.

3. The older I get the more I love all things domestic. Fabric softener and a cleaver were my big discoveries of the summer, and having to share a kitchen here in Oxford with crappy utensils and terrible pots and pans is trying. I have no problem cutting study time short to cook dinner for Kathy and myself, and I love making afternoon tea for people. Though I love these things, girls who show off their domestic skills as some sort of credential annoy me a lot, and I have a very hard time with women deciding to cut their education short to run a household. Why does it bother me? I have no good reason.

4. I wrote four post cards the first week of school, but they are still sitting on my desk because I can't ever remember to buy stamps. For some reason, I could remember to be thoughtful enough to do all of the time intensive work to send my friends and family something, but can't get around to the easy part.

5. I judge books by their cover, and I don't feel sorry about it.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

you've been tagged

6:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker