Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Life, Spanish, and the Fine Art of Denial

I have one final semester left in my entire undergraduate career. This is an amazing, wonderful thing, except for one tiny problem. I have two semesters of Spanish left in my entire undergraduate career. I know that you, my readership, are an intelligent bunch, and are at this very moment thinking, "hmmm, this math doesn't add up". You would be right, Oh Readership, which brings me to my point. I am a freaking idiot.

You see, instead of taking the required Spanish courses, I have been honing my craft of finely tuned denial. I have been saying to myself, "I can pull of two semesters in 5 months! I will take online courses and they will be super easy, kind of like traffic school. I will never take Spanish at Biola again, HAHAHAHAHA!" And, as deadlines for my intended Spanish study wizz by unheeded, I am beginning to worry a bit about where my denial has gotten me.

Never one to be easily intimidated however, my denial has now taken a new, more alluring form. Kathy and I have decided that actually taking Spanish is for the faint of heart and weak of mind. We instead will test out of any required classes and be free as birds! This high risk strategy is so beautiful it is hard to take ones eyes off of it long enough to go sign up for online classes. See you at my graduation in 2007.

7 Comments:

Blogger Abigail said...

By the way, that was my idea.

Cheating the system? Always my idea.


--somehow graduated early (and we're not asking how)

8:55 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

foreign languages are bad for your health.

avoid them.

6:48 PM  
Blogger Wordy said...

We can do it friend!

VIVA (?) ESPANOL!!!

Code word: "cfbfh." An assortment of grades we may be getting in Spanish very soon. Notice that F is listed twice. This cannot be a good sign. And I don't even want to know what H is.

11:56 PM  
Blogger Ginna said...

Did Dad tell you your Oxford grades came? All A's baby with an annoying "-" thrown in just to be different. So, to steal from Matthew, your not just Biola smart your Oxford smart.

4:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You two are crazy! But very lovable and very hot : )

5:21 PM  
Blogger Amanda Mae said...

I'm not mean.

You break my tender glass heart with your cruel and thoughtless judgements.

I shed a tear.
:.....(

my tears are more like waves, not drops.
^^^^^
^^^^^^
^^^^

1:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh girl, get your rear in gear! I just cleared things today so that I can graduate in May, even though it will cost me $500 (not a bribe) and I will be taking 20 credits if I count the one I am auditing.
Putting off the decision of life after graduation doesn't make the decision any easier. *is more trying to reassure self*
lol. Friend, I love and miss you!

9:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker