Friday, April 07, 2006

Found: Parakeet

Today we lost my parakeet. She escaped out the back door that was left open when Erin and I left to study at Starbucks. I have lost many a bird in my life but never have I found them again. She obviously wasn't in the house, so I thought all hope was lost. Then I heard a little chirp near the side yard. I walked around the house and Erin and I slowly wandered the back yard following the little familiar cheeps, and there she was in the back hedge, sitting on a branch.

It's a tricky business trying to catch a bird because, well, they can fly. Every other pet has the same limitations as far as time and space as you, but not birds. They can always go up. Erin ran and got Claire's cage and we slowly tried to coax her into her cage from the hedge. She decided to give us mild heart attacks by flying from branch to branch before finally settling on Erin's finger and into the cage.

We are horrible parents.

2 Comments:

Blogger Ginna said...

Do you remember how to clip a birds flight wings? Hers were clipped when we brought her home but it sounds like you need to do it again. The two long feathers that stick out the farthest down her back. I suppose you could find directions on line that would show you. She will complain but it wont hurt her. She would only be able to take short, hoppy flights, but not fly out of the house or yard.

8:27 PM  
Blogger Amanda Mae said...

oh my, it wasn't just Tulsa. It was so much further than that.

you beat me to the punch, I've been working on a blog that outlines my desire to travel. I hadn't finished it though

12:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker