Monday, April 03, 2006

The Spanish Saga

In the race for what will long be remembered as the Biggest Mistake of My Academic Career, the Spanish language and my inability to learn it is blowing all other contenders (such as ceasing to go to chapel as a Sophomore, having four majors, and eating at the Cafe) out of the proverbial water. I have been trying to work with an online class in order to get to take summer school and graduate on time, but it is a scary business, let me tell you. There is virtually no real syllabus, no directions, and no direct interaction with the so-called "professor" of the class. Each week I have had to piece together and guess my way through to the next week, slowly gaining momentum and therefore GPA. That however was before midterms.

Today marks the official due date for one portion of the midterm. I thought I would be fine in getting things together and taking the test, and so I left work early to get to the phone with time to spare. I then read the fine print and realized that there is a mysterious printed exam that has yet to be mentioned or provided and must be taken before the oral exam that is due today. This means that the test that holds my graduation ceremony in its grips has gone AWOL. This is not good.

I emailed my professora (that's Spanish, folks) about the issue, and am expecting her reply in approximately three months.

Seriously kids. Do your language requirements in high school. It will add years to your life.

P.S. Though not well demonstrated by my last post, I know how to spell hamster.

2 Comments:

Blogger Wordy said...

After I informed her that there was actually no "p" in the word at all.

Ironically enough, since that's all hamsters seem to do.

11:16 PM  
Blogger Amanda Mae said...

hanempepster

9:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker